Missouri Baptist University’s Graduate Program in Counselor Education exists to train graduate-level counselors through rigorous academic and hands-on clinical instruction. We seek to develop conscientious, professional, and highly skilled counselors who promote and facilitate the personal growth, development, and empowerment of those clients/students they serve. The Counselor Education program is rooted in our Christian faith that calls us to love God and love one another.
Counselor Education Program Goals:
The goals of the Clinical Mental Health Counseling and School Counseling programs at Missouri Baptist University are to:
- Prepare passionate, efficacious counselors who are rooted in ethical standards of practice and recognize the importance of lifelong learning and engagement in the ever-evolving field of counseling.
- Develop counselors with strong clinical and interpersonal skills who can meet the needs of the diverse populations they serve by displaying an attitude of openness to all, including those who are different from themselves.
- Produce counselors who strongly identify with the counseling profession.
- Prepare counselors to work in collaboration with other professionals within a variety of clinical settings as part of a comprehensive program addressing social-emotional and mental health issues.
Counselor Education Program Objectives:
The Counselor Education Program will prepare our counseling students to:
- Learn and demonstrate the foundational knowledge necessary to be an effective counselor.
- Learn and demonstrate effective counseling skills and techniques through successful completion of counseling skills courses, practicum, and internships.
- Demonstrate the ability to clinically conceptualize client/student problems and apply concepts from the eight common core areas and two specialty areas (CMHC and School Counseling) of the curriculum.
- Demonstrate the ability to implement effective, evidence-based theories and interventions for individuals, families, and groups.
- Demonstrate professional dispositions of self-awareness, ethical practice, respect for others, emotional congruence, multicultural competence, genuineness, and openness. Students who complete either of our Master of Arts (CMHC and SC) degrees will acquire the knowledge, skills, and personal attributes necessary to become clinical mental health or school counselors.
In addition, certification as a School Psychological Examiner is a logical extension of the Counselor Education degree program. MBU offers this program for individuals who have a master’s degree in Guidance and Counseling, Counseling Psychology, Educational Psychology or Education and who also possess classroom teaching, special education, or school counselor certification.
山东11选5走势图Phone: (314) 485-8463
Play therapy builds on the natural way that children learn about themselves and their relationships in the world around them. Through play therapy, children learn to communicate with others, express feelings, modify behavior, develop problem-solving skills, and learn a variety of ways of relating to others. Learn More